|Recent exciting developments in topological matter, newly-discovered AdS and condensed matter connections, advances in quantum materials and machine learning applications to quantum matter open opportunities for a joint research in these directions. We will host a APCTP-Nordita one week workshop with the focus on Quantum Matter.|
Dates: 17-21 August 2020
Location: Nordita – The Nordic Institute for Theoretical Physics,
The aim of the meeting is to bring together researchers working on different aspects of entanglement and dynamics in quantum matter. We aim in a collaborative effort to distill the key aspects and develop common approaches to these concepts. We expect to have few speakers from each of these fields, with plenty of discussions in a small scale meeting with an open and interactive atmosphere.
While the workshop will focus on theoretical aspects we will seek connections with the experiments on new probes of matter, most prominently, MAX iV and ESS, that are capable of revealing a new and exciting behavior of quantum matter at the short time scale with high spatial resolution.
Quantum materials hold a promise as an important class to expand the class of materials for sensors used in a search for Dark matter. We will have lectures dedicated to the impact QM might have on a search for Dark Matter.
The workshop will cover a range of topics:
- Entangled and competing orders
- Odd-frequency and hidden orders
- Transient dynamics and correlations
- AdS/CFT and condensed matter connections, strange metals
- Machine learning and quantum matter.
Confirmed invited speakers:
- Y. Tanaka (U. Nagoya, Japan)
- K. Schalm(U. Leiden, The Netherlands)
- J. Zaanen( U. Leiden, The Netherlands)
- T. Deveraux (U. Stanford, USA)
- Wei Ku (U. Shanghai, China)
- Ilya Sochnikov (U. Connecticut, USA)
- Alexei Tsvelik (Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA)
Final schedule to be announced soon.
- A. Balatsky (Nordita/Uconn)
- Y. K. Bang (APCTP, Postech)
- M. Eschrig (Univ Greifswald)
- J.Hancock (Uconn)
- Sang-Jin Sin (Hanyang Univ)
- A. Krikun (Nordita)
This event is supported by: